Re: Updated: XFree86-xserv-4.3.0-22

I am not sure I know how the system worked internaly and I would cetrainly make no requests in that matter. I was just trying to point out the user point of view. You are (probably) saying that you have improved the software internaly (which is always good). However this improvement changed the original default behavior in such a way that in order to get it back I am going to have to browse the net for some XF86Config-4 file only to set it to same value I was perfectly happy with before I did the upgrade. Isn't it weird? And I know this will fix the problem only because I happend to subscribe a week ago to this list. Before that I didn't even know there was such an option. Could you make us all happy and use the win32 default unless told otherwise instead of pulling one out of thin air? Does it sound reasonable? We are talking here only about two numbers. I don't mean to be pain in the ... but I really think it is more logical to do it this way. Would it break anything?

Zbynek

Harold L Hunt II wrote:

We were previously using two auto-repeat schemes at the same time:

1) xkb

2) Win32's auto repeat layer

Convince me why it is good to have two layers handling auto repeat by default and I will accede to your request.

Harold

Zbynek Winkler wrote:

Alexander Gottwald wrote: