Can't type in login window via XDMCP

Hi folks,
First thanks to all who contribute.  Xfree on Cygwin has been great.
However, I was seeing 2Gb+ XWin.log files and felt I needed to update.  SO I
updated today and now I can't login via XDMCP.  Here's the command line I
use:

c:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\xwin -query zephyr.mydomain.com -from 192.168.1.4

The system I'm logging into is a RH ES2.1 server.  I've been using the same
setup for months now.

The problem is that I can't type in the login window.  Nothing appears.  The
only thing I can see getting thru is the Caps Lock, which I find very
strange.

Even if I start xwin and then twm and an xterm I can't type in the xterm.

I do see a message in /tmp/XWin.log:
(EE) Unable to locate/open config file
InitOutput - Error reading config file

Do I need a config file?  I haven't used one before.

I found this message:
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2003-10/msg00303.html and tested
http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/xwin/devel/server/XWin-4.3.0-20-Test01.exe.bz2
and I can login.  So it looks like the problem is in the new WaitFor.c code.

Now I'm hung at a blank screen, though.

Any help would be appreciated.  I'm hosed for the time being.

Thanks
Jae Ellers					Tektronix, Inc.
Jae dot ellers at tek dot com		(503) 627-3622