Re: XFree86-bin-4.3.0-7 xterm keyboard focus problems

Brian Ford wrote:

Igor,

This has been reported several times before.  Although, you have probably
contributed a more detailed analysis.

I don't know if xterm should depend on Xaw, but I do know that Xaw needs a
hack similar to the lesstif one for VendorShell (from memory).  Or maybe
it was Xaw3d that needs that.

Sorry to be so nebulous.  I thought this info might tickle someones memory
or fancy.

Right, the root problem is the switch from static Xt/Xaw to shared Xt/Xaw. Brian is right, we need a fix for VenderShell, just like we did for lesstif about two or three weeks ago. We need it fast too, based on the frequency of this bug being reported.