Re: xinit: The application has failed to start because cygfreetype-6.dllwas not found.

Steinar,

You need the libfreetype26 package, which is gotten by selecting the freetype2 package. It should have been automatically selected, but it looks like it wasn't in your case.

Also, make sure that you have the fontconfig package (it auto-selects libfontconfig0).

Harold

Steinar Bang wrote:
Harold L Hunt II <huntharo@msu.edu>:

(I'm not Constantine, but I see the same problem)

However, I want to know what application was failing in your xinit
scripts.  There should not be an application that requires
cygfreetype-9.dll in the default script.  Have you modified your
script?

Yes.

I've added two xterms doing an ssh -X into linux boxes I always work
on, and there is a sleep between each xterm start.

What program are you launching that requires this DLL?

The dialog that pops up, has the title:
	XWin.exe - Unable To Locate DLL

Are you launching emacs?

No.