Re: Default Mouse Pointer is Wrong

On Wed, 2003-11-05 at 09:08, Harold L Hunt II wrote:
> The default mouse pointer in X is an X.  You are describing the correct
> scenario.

Okay, my mistake there.  When I am referring to default, I mean the
normal cursor, usually being an arrow.

> The mouse pointer should not be a Windows arrow.

I didn't think so since it wasn't like that while using the default
cygwin window manager; it was using an arrow.

> The mouse pointer will not be the default pointer that you have under
> Gnome or KDE on the remote system because you are not running Gnome or
> KDE on the remote system... you are running only a single application
> with a local (not remote) window manager (a.k.a. MultiWindow mode,
> a.k.a. -multiwindow command-line parameter).  Thus, the mouse pointer
> will be either a) the default mouse pointer (an X), or b) whatever an
> application sets it to (e.g. a text insertion cursor).
>
> Does that make sense?  Everything seems to be functioning normally.

It does, but what is preventing the cursor from being displayed as an
arrow like it could without -multiwindow enabled?  Fuctionality-wise it
works just fine, but aesthetically it's not ideal for the user to see an
'X' when they normally see an arrow.

--
Ricky Boone <whiplash@planetfurry.com>
Planetfurry.com