Default Mouse Pointer is Wrong

This may just be an idiotic question, but I couldn't seem to find an
answer in the archives.

I am trying to connect to remote applications in X (in -multiwindow
mode) through ssh on cygwin.  When I open the remote application, the
default mouse pointer (cursor, whatever) is an 'X'.  Some special areas
in the application, such as text fields, change the cursor successfully
to a text selection pointer, but the 'X' pointer remains the default
nearly everywhere else.

Previously I had been using the default window manager with Cygwin by
running startx, then remoting inside of it.  That was a little
roundabout, but it worked.  All cursors and pointers looked okay.

I've just done a complete reinstall of Cygwin on my WinXP box, since I
thought perhaps either something was screwed up with the previous
installation, or something new had fixed the problem.  The remote system
I'm connecting to is Fedora Core Test 3 running the latest packages,
though I'm willing to bet if I find another machine to test this on it
will do the same; it's got to be something on my end, whether it's a
misconfiguration or something I'm forgetting to do.

Here's a quick example of exactly what I'm doing:

* Open Cygwin shell (cygwin.bat)
* startxwin.sh
* Inside the xterm window:  ssh -XC me@somebox.domain.tld
* Once logged into remote box:  evolution &
* Everything loads okay, but mouse pointer is an 'X' instead of the
usual Windows arrow, or the default pointer on the remote box.

Any ideas?  :)

--
Ricky Boone <whiplash@planetfurry.com>
Planetfurry.com