Re: freenode.net - IRC channel for the project?

Frédéric,

Frédéric L. W. Meunier wrote:
Any particular reason to create it on irc.freenode.net instead
of irc.oftc.net ?

Three other channels that I monitor are on irc.freenode.net... in particular, the freedesktop.org folks are there and I see us working closely with them.

I don't use IRC that often anymore, don't know if anything
changed since then, but would read
http://slashdot.org/articles/02/08/17/2147232.shtml before
considering having a channel on freenode. I recall the
#kernelnewbies move.

I think we will be okay. There are still lots of very high profile projects on freenode.net.