Re: http://lesstif.sourceforge.net/INSTALL.html#compile_Windows

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003, Harold L Hunt II wrote:

> Brian Ford wrote:
> > IIRC, you first rebuilt lesstif without removing --disable-shared, then
> > you remembered and tried a rebuild with --enable-shared.  But I think you
> > didn't supply all the correct linker flags and got unresolved symbols.  So
> > you gave in temporarily and shipped the resulting static libs because mwm
> > worked for you with them?
> >
> > Thus, I thought you expected those static libs to work, at least until we
> > fixed the shared build issue.
>
> I can see how you would have thought that.  What really happened was
> that I got confused about whether the build was successful or not,
> installed it, ran mwm, everything worked, so I shipped it.  Then I
> looked in the package and noticed there were no DLLs.  Upon inspecting
> the build log I saw that the missing link flags were preventing them
> from being build.  Upon adding the missing link flags there were still
> lots of build problems that had to be resolved in order to build shared
> libraries.  That is where Nicholas and I started working on it and he
> finished up getting the shared libraries built plus he included bug
> fixes from lesstif's CVS tree.  The new version should work without
> problems.

Ok, understood.

Bad news though, maybe.  I just tried the binary package you posted, and
assuming I didn't make an installation error, I still get those
XmeTraitSet errors with our apps.

I was in a rush though, and I am just about instantaneously headed out of
town for the weekend, so this is just a heads up.  I'll restle with it
again on Monday.

> >>Hmm... I still can't reproduce the problem of not being able to move a
> >>window.  You have tried running with both "-rootless" and without any
> >>flags at all right (which would run in windowed mode.  You aren't using
> >>-multiwindow when testing mwm, right?  That might cause the sort of
> >>problem you are describing.
> >>

> > I didn't try "-rootless".  Just:
> >
> > Xwin.exe& ; mwm&
> >
> > from a bash prompt.
>
> With all of the weirdness about bash lately, perhaps you should edit
> startxwin.bat and try from there instead?  Or at least try it from a
> straight command prompt (after running 'set DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0' and
> setting the PATH as in startxwin.bat).

Just tried your new shared linked mwm with a modified startxwin.bat run
from Start->Run.  Same results.  I'll look again on Monday.

One other note.  cygcheck /usr/X11R6/bin/mwm:

ford@fordpc ~/v9win/util/host
$ cygcheck /usr/X11R6/bin/mwm.exe
G:/cygwin/usr/X11R6/bin/mwm.exe
  G:/cygwin/usr/X11R6/bin\cygXm-2.dll
    G:/cygwin/usr/X11R6/bin\cygX11-6.dll
      G:\cygwin\bin\cygcygipc-2.dll
        G:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll
          D:\WINNT\System32\KERNEL32.dll
            D:\WINNT\System32\ntdll.dll
    G:/cygwin/usr/X11R6/bin\cygXft-2.dll
      G:/cygwin/usr/X11R6/bin\cygXext-6.dll
      G:/cygwin/usr/X11R6/bin\cygfontconfig-1.dll
        G:/cygwin/usr/X11R6/bin\cygfreetype-9.dll
        G:\cygwin\bin\cygexpat-0.dll
    G:/cygwin/usr/X11R6/bin\cygXp-6.dll
    G:/cygwin/usr/X11R6/bin\cygXrender-1.dll
    G:/cygwin/usr/X11R6/bin\cygXt-6.dll
      G:/cygwin/usr/X11R6/bin\cygICE-6.dll
      G:/cygwin/usr/X11R6/bin\cygSM-6.dll

Are those mixed slashes normal and ok?