Re: lesstif - Recompile for shared Xt has STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Brian,

I took care of the rebuild and moving the files to the correct locations in the release that I just made. Let me know if you still have the problem with menus in this new distribution.

I still count this as "your" package in my book, so please send bug fixes and/or new builds if you figure out the problem sometime in the next few weeks.

Harold

Brian Ford wrote:

Harold L Hunt II wrote:

My rebuild with --enable-shared didn't actually create a shared version
of Xm.  I got lots of warnings about unresolved symbols not being
allowed in shared libraries.

I'll look into that in the comming weeks.

This rebuild worked just the same as my previous build against the
shared libXt: moving, menus, everything worked, but mwm.exe gives a
STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION when you choose "Close" from a menu.

Strange. I just tried another box here (XP, the first one was NT4) with the same results: able to click on things and watch them depress, but not move them or get menus from the title bar. This happens both pre and post XFree86-bin-4.3.0-5. twm/fvwm2/etc. seem to work fine. Guess I'm just lucky? :)

Therefore, it should probably not hold up the current release of a new
lesstif build.  I might go ahead and make a release now that I know that
it isn't causing the Close crash.

No problem here.