Re: XFree86-bin-icons

Igor,

You wrote the original message in this thread, correct? Was it sent to cygwin-xfree, cygwin, or cygwin-apps? I am asking only because I can't find a log of it anywhere... was it eaten by the mail server?

Actually, there is another bug in XFree86-bin-icons, that is, it doesn't usually create icons for any package except emacs unless it is run manually from the command-line. I haven't looked into this enough to see if it only happens on fresh installs (implying that the problem is probably that XFree86-bin hasn't been installed yet) or if it happens all the time. That bug needs to be fixed before any sort of permissions bug. As is, it is pretty worthless.

Harold

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

Mark,

Please don't send personal e-mail on Cygwin issues unless specifically
requested.  Also, please make sure your mailer honors the Reply-To:
header.  I'm forwarding this reply to the appropriate list.

More inline below.