Re: [Fwd: Send loss of focus notification when changing focus toa Windows app?]

Jean-Claude,

Yes, I know what you are talking about.

The short answer is that it can be done.

In fact, it is already done in MultiWindow mode. It was easy to do in MultiWindow mode because our application is the window manager so sending ourself a message to say "remove the focus from the current window" is easy. However, doing this for Rootless mode would be (off the top of my head) harder (at least from the standpoint of having to lookup how to do this in a manual somewhere) because we have to send a message to the currently running window manager application saying to set the focus to the root window (I think).

So, it can be done.

You didn't get a response because I like to give more precise responses than the above and I have not had time to lookup the information that I talked about above in various manuals to see if I am actually correct or not.

You would be much more likely to get this feature if you look in the ICCCM (Inter-Client Communications Conventions Manual) and in window manager documentation to see how to send a message to set the focus to the root window. I might be able to implement the feature in a few minutes with that information. Otherwise, it will have to wait a while.

Harold

Jean-Claude Gervais wrote:

Um, does anyone here have a clue to what I'm referring to?
I tried to be as clear as possible.