Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Server Test 100

Colin,

Colin Harrison wrote:
Hi,

Results for me (XP SP1 16bit colour):-

Cygwin ipc stuff OK once I got my daemon installed/going (log file ownership
problems in cygwin/tmp)!

Okay.

XDMCP -query appearing on title.

Good.

My XDMCP NativeGDI colours screwy (dodgy drivers I bet)..so reverted to
detected support (DD + shadowGDI).

I think you read the first two lines of that item and skipped the last two. Here they are again:

Note that the byte order for 1-bit bitmaps is only configurable at compile time, which causes the output to be totally messed up. Although, you can at least examine how the engine currently works.

So, the point is that no one will actually use NativeGDI. It is only there for people to say, "Oh, looks like it is getting closer". Putting it in the default release also means that development on it is more likely to occur.

NativeGDI not available in multiwindow mode (by design?).

By design. MultiWindow Mode only works with ShadowGDI, though I have been intending to enable ShadowDD and ShadowDDNL support.

Thanks

No problem.