Re: AW: Enabling SHM support in default build of XWin.exe

Chuck,

Charles Wilson wrote:
Ralf Habacker wrote:

... if linked to the static ipc-library. Using the cygipc dll results in an
additional runtime dependency, which will produce windows runtime linking
errors if the cygipc package isn't installed, which will produce more
support noise dealing with this issue. Using the static library avoids this
problem.

I think that you *should* use the DLL. And add cygipc to the setup.hint requires: of XFree86. Not because I think that everyone should or will 'turn on' the daemon, but because:

Oh don't worry. I hadn't made my reply to this yet. I am going to use the DLL and add cygipc as a dependency. SHM will only be enabled if the daemon is setup properly, but it won't cause problems if it isn't setup.

The other thing here is that I am just lazy. It would take more work for me to make a static link to cygipc than to link to the DLL.

Thanks for your input,