Re: Italian keyboard and cygwin/xfree

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003, Massimo De Benedetti wrote:

> For what I understood everything looks ok but my keyboard does not work
> properly in the xterm nor does it work in every other application that I
> launch from the xterm. Is there anything that I overlooked?
> Here is the list of the characters that I get typing the first row of my
> keyboard+shift in the x terminal:
>
> ~!@#$%^&*()_+
>
> Here is what you would get from an italian keyboard:
>
> |!"£$%&/()=?^

Your logfile does not reveal a common problem, but anyway, is /tmp mounted
in textmode? To check you'll have to run mount and search for an entry
/tmp or if this entry does not exist then the entry for / does apply.
If the entry is marked with "(textmode)" then you have to remount /tmp to
binmode.

 mount -buf "$(cygpath -m /tmp)" /tmp

If this does not help, please try if you can switch the layout with this command

 setxkbmap -v it -model pc102

bye
	ago
--