Re: Help for french keyboard

Hi Jacques-Philippe,

> - on xinit or xwin, I get only the US keyboard qwerty

you could try to install the 'XF86Config-4' config file in the '/etc/X11' directory. The file itself is pretty good documented.
see: http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/~goal/xfree/XF86Config.bz2

You probably have to put in sth like:

Option "XkbLayout" "fr"

Have a look into the /tmp/XWin.log to check out if it loads correctly. It worked for my german keyboard, except for the AltGr keys who work only if they like, but seldom if you need them :-) You might not have the problem on the french kbd.

Holger