Re: ssh/X with two hops

AG> Most likely X11Forwarding is disabled on that host.
AG>
AG> check /etc/ssh/sshd_config for an entry
AG> X11Forwarding yes

That's it!  Works perfectly.  Thanks!

TC> BTW - emacs works perfectly well over a terminal session.  No need
TC> for X at all.  You should be able to open a good-old MS-DOS
TC> prompt, telnet or ssh to your hearts content, then make sure
TC> TERM=vt100 on the remote system, then run emacs.

I haven't used emacs without X (by choice) since 1988! 8-)  Yes, it
works (pretty well) but why would I want a VW when I can have a BMW?
Seriously, thanks for your suggestion, I'm just trying to see how
close cygwin/xfree can get me to the Right Answer (tm).

Thanks,
--
Robert