Re: large log file

Thanks for you quick reply,
Here is the only option I am using, XWin -nodecoration.
As for twm, I'm running a remote KDE session (using startkde) and it seems to kill any local window manager (I tried to run in multiwindow mode and it switch to the kde window manager).

Maklouf.
Harold L Hunt II wrote:

IDirectDrawSurface4_Blt should never fail. If it does, it indicates a problem with your system. You need to give us more information. You need to at least provide us with your command-line parameters (e.g., -fullscreen, -multimonitor, etc.)

Alternatively, you can either use the "-engine 1" command-line parameter (which bypasses DirectDraw), or you can stop using an external window manager (e.g., twm) and start using the "-multiwindow" command-line parameter that launches and internal window manager (and uses GDI instead of DirectDraw).

Harold

maklouf wrote:

Hi all,
I installed xserv ver 4.3.0-5 on a windows 2000 sp4 system with directx 9 and i ahve a large log file (5 gigs) with this line
winShadowUpdateDDNL - IDirectDrawSurface4_Blt () failed: 88760096

does any one has any idea what this could be?

Thanks