RE: Xcdroast

Sylvain,

You can set up public key authentication for SYSTEM from individual
accounts, which would make it no less secure than password-based
authentication.  The SYSTEM user can always switch to any other one
without a password.  But this is irrelevant in this case, for two reasons:

1) If you want xcdroast to switch the user context to that of a normal
user, you could try running it as a service using cygrunsrv.  Services run
as SYSTEM by default.

2) It's my guess that on Linux only root has access to various low-level
drivers needed to burn CDs.  I doubt that Windows has this particular
restriction (it might require administrative privileges, though).  It's
very likely that the xcdroast code simply checks whether it's running as
"root" (uid 0) and fails to run otherwise.  In this case, you could remove
the check altogether, or change it to something more Cygwin-friendly (see,
for example, the Cygwin-specific patches to inetd and proftpd, to name a
few).

Hope this helps,
	Igor

--