Re: X-server eating pixels?

HJB,

-rootless and -multiwindow CANNOT be used together. Use one or the other and knock off this silliness.

You aren't reporting that any area of your screen is not being covered by the Cygwin/XFree86 window. Have you noticed the Start bar at the bottom of the screen? It is about 30 pixels tall. :) If, on the other hand, part of your screen is not covered by the Cygwin/XFree86 window, then you are experiencing a problem due to using -rootless and -multiwindow together. -rootless is intended to be run with an external window manager (e.g. twm), while -multiwindow includes an internal window manager that puts each X window in an Win32 window. Does it make sense now why they don't work together? We will eventually add a crash on startup when using the flags together in error...

Harold

hj.beckers@kreis-steinfurt.de wrote:

Didn't find anything in the mailing list archives or faq:

I've set my physical display (WinNT) to 1152x864. When using "X -rootless
-multiwindow",
xdpyinfo reports a screen #0 size of 1152x836. Running "X" with no special
parameters, xdpyinfo returns 1146x811.

It makes no difference, if I use the local/cygwin-xdpyinfo or an
AIX-xdpyinfo
(tunneled/connected with "ssh -X")

Any hints?

Yours