Re: Urgent!! Pls help...Encountered errno 3 and errno 111

Gloria,

It appears that you are running the display in monochrome mode (is this even possible?). Please change your display depth to one of 8, 15, 16, 24, or 32 bits per pixel in the Windows Display Control Panel.

Harold

Gloria Tsang wrote:

Dear Sirs,
   I have received an errno 3 and errno 111 when
typing startx. And i also have the following error in
the /tmp/Xwin.log which has been shown below. Can
anyone tell me what should i do to resolve the
problem??

"ddxProcessArgument - Initializing default screens
winInitializeDefaultScreens - w 640 h 480
winInitializeDefaultScreens - Returning
OsVendorInit - Creating bogus screen 0
(EE) Unable to locate/open config file
InitOutput - Error reading config file
winDetectSupportedEngines - Windows 95/98/Me
winDetectSupportedEngines - DirectDraw not installed
InitOutput - g_iNumScreens: 1 iMaxConsecutiveScreen: 1
winSetEngine - Using Shadow GDI DIB
winAdjustVideoModeShadowGDI - Using Windows display
depth of 1 bits per pixel
winScreenInit - Unsupported display depth: 1
Change your Windows display depth to 15, 16, 24, or 32
bits per pixel.
winScreenInit - Supported depths: 8080c080

Fatal server error:
InitOutput - Couldn't add screen 0
"

Thank you very much!!!!