Re: XFree86-xserv 4.3.0-3 crashing Win2k

Steinar,

XFree86-xserv-4.3.0-3 is Test95.

So, no, your bug is not fixed in Test95.

Besides, your bug seems to occur when you simply click on the tray icon, before you even get a menu, correct?

Harold

Steinar Bang wrote:

Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no>:

Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no>:

Platform: Intel PIII, Win2k professional, XFree86-xserv 4.3.0-3

Now I've crashed Win2k twice in one day, by opening the RMBM on the
icon in the tool tray, and selecting "Exit".

Make that "thrice".

The first time it happened I had the root window visible, but the
second time I did not have the root window visible, and all X
windows were closed.

This was with the root window invisible and all X windows closed.

I'm guessing that I'm seeing what is described in the quote by Harold below, and that this is fixed in Server Test 95.

Harold L Hunt II <huntharo@msu.edu>:

[snip!]

Changes:

1) Signal the clipboard and multiwindow window manager threads to
stop trying to reconnect when the server is being shutdown.  These
reconnection attempts were causing intermittent GPFs (General
Protection Faults) on shutdown.  (Earle F. Philhower III)