Unable to delete .X11-unix\X0 file

Hi everybody,

We have Cygwin 1.3.22-1 installed on a Windows XP sp1 machine with XFree86 4.3.0-1. The computer is part of a domain and can be use by several users.

The installation on Cygwin/XFree86 has been done as follow :

1- As Administrator, we have installed Cygwin/XFree86 on a local D:\ drive (so not at the standard folder).

2- We have edited the file usr\X11R6\bin\starxwin.bat to set correctly the variable CYGWIN_ROOT.

When we run Cygwin/XFree86, everything is correct for everybody. Unfortunately, when a user close his session without exiting Cygwin/XFree86, the file tmp\.X11-unix\X0 is not deleted. When an other user try to open Cygwin/XFree86, the application doesn't start since the file tmp\.X11-unix\X0 is present and the user is not able to delete it. As administrator I must then delete the file.

I have try to modify the permissions on folder tmp and tmp\.X11-unix to allow users to delete the XO file but I doesn't work.

So my questions are :

1- Is the above situation normal?

2- If not, what should I forget to do during the installation and configuration?

3- If yes, is it possible to allow users to delete XO file?

Thanks in advance for suggestions and answers.

Boris