emacs menubar not working

Hi
I normally use RedHat to dev. FORTRAN programs, but dowloaded cygwin; full package to develop the programs there instead. I use Emacs as editor.

My problem is
1) I cannot use the menu in Emacs. I have tried to add a 'tty export' key in registry (why I dont really know, but it was recommended in some mail I read), but it does not help.
2) There is no color-coding for .f files. I.e when I write 'implicit none', this usually turn green.

Can cygwin provide similar programming environment as Redhat does?

MSN Messenger http://www.msn.no/messenger - Den korteste veien mellom deg og dine venner