[Off topic] List of current notebooks

All,

You may have been reading my saga about troubles with laptop computers. Yesterday I put together a fairly comprehensive list of current notebooks that may be of interest to some of you. My basic requirements were SXGA+ screen (1400x1050) or greater and integrated 802.11g. Dell is left off of the list because the two Inspiron 8500s that they sent me both randomly freeze and this is a well documented problem.

Anyhow, the list is here:

http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/Notebooks-20030806-0956.pdf (47 KiB)

I choose the $1949 Gateway 450X. However, if 802.11G is not a requirement, then the $1678 Toshiba Satelite Pro 6100 is surely the way to go, as it is a preassembled unit that ships the same day it is ordered.

Creating this list was highly time consuming and stressful, so it will ease my pain a little to know that it has helped at least one other person.