Re: /etc/X11

You know, I think the wrong thing to do here would be to read the last few messages to the mailing list... especially the two release announcements for fixed XFree86-etc package versions.

Of course, that's just me talking...

Harold

Stephen Sheldon wrote:
I installed the new 4.3.0 cygwin/xfree over my existing installation.  When
I was done, I tried editres, and it was all messed up.  The /etc/X11
directory had another X11 directory under it (i. e. /etc/X11/X11) with all
the stuff that should have been in /etc/X11.  When I copied everything up
a level, editres worked.  This happened both on my laptop running XP prof
sp1 and my desktop running w2k sp3.  I must confess I don't know whether
this directory was like this before the installation.  Otherwise what I had
ran fine after I relinked (gvim, icewm, xv, xpat2).