-multiwindows without -multimonitors on with multiple displays

Hi all,

I have my secondary display on the left of the primary one. When I start Xwin in multiwindow mode but without the multimonitors option, there is a shift between the Windows window and the XFree window. The root window take the full primary display as expected. However, the (0,0) coordinate in X matches the top left corner of the secondary display. Because of that, the window appears on my secondary display instead of the primary.

The shift brings a weird behavior when the two display don't have the same size. A Windows window fully inside one display would only get partially refreshed because it is only partially inside the root window.

I also think that there is a problem with the mouse. When I show the root window and move the mouse over it, the X cursor and the windows cursor are on the same spot on the display, i.e. the (0,0) of the _primary_ matches the (0,0) of X. When I stop moving the mouse, the X cursor suddenly jump to the right, i.e. the (0,0) of the _secondary_ matches the (0,0) of X.

Last, why not put multimonitors on by default when in multiwindow/rootless mode with an option to disable it? In those mode, with the root window invisible, one would expect it to be the same than the Windows desktop.

Jehan