Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Server Test 92

Joe,

Don't know for sure what happened in your case. It appears that all X Clients (including the inernal window manager) lost communication with the X Server at about the same time. The *IOErrorHandler's are called when communication with the X Server is lost. Sounds like you had a hiccup in your TCP/IP network stack on your Windows machine.

Lets just forget this unless it happens to you on a regular basis.

Harold

Joseph Barillari wrote:
"HLH" == Harold L Hunt <huntharo@msu.edu> writes:

    HLH> 3) winmultiwindowclass.c - Add checks for NULL pointers.
    HLH> Should help fix some crashes in MultiWindow mode.  (Ralf
    HLH> Habacker)

Several minutes into an X session with Test 92, while I was using a remote emacs session, the server bombed with the following message:

$ xinit -- -multiwindow -clipboard

winMutliWindowWMIOErrorHandler!

xinit:  connection to X server lost.
xterm:  fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) or KillClient on X server ":0.0"

Is the "winMutliWindowWMIOErrorHandler" error handler triggered when
one of those null-pointer checks you mentioned finds a null pointer?

Thanks for releasing this build!

Regards, --Joe