From: "Rice, Thomas D" <thomas dot d dot rice2 at boeing dot com>
To: <cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 15:23:12 -0500
Subject: RE: cannot use Xfree86

Does your bash prompt say 'i have no name', if so your ID in /etc/passwd is too
large, it has to be less than 65536 (16 bit).  Your ID is the third field
(separated by ':') on the line with your login.  I was getting the same useless
window that you are describing and this was what my problem is.  If this is
what's wrong, just change the ID to something < 65536.

Tom Rice
Boeing RTS-Comanche