Re: Code reorganization heads up

Alan,

Alan Hourihane wrote:

On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 09:41:11AM -0400, Harold L Hunt II wrote:

All developers,

I am pulling code out of winmultiwindowwindow.c and putting it into separate files that deal with more specific tasks. This single file has grown to over 50 KiB, so it is time to break it apart to make it more manageable. This should have been done some time ago, but, well, it wasn't.

Please try to hold off on any big patches until after tonight when I release a new test version.

Harold,

I think it's worthwhile either doing more of this in the xoncygwin CVS
or sending me a few patches to merge into the XFree86 CVS, as and when
your ready.

I really don't know much about administering CVS... and I kinda don't have time to learn right now. However, if someone else is willing to set it up, I would be more than happy to start using it. I would want the xoncygwin CVS default branch updated to 4.3.0 and I would want the latest test release checked into hw/xwin... then I would be good to go.

Any volunteers?

As for the XFree86 CVS committ... I have been waiting to do a little reorganization before sending you a resynch patch. It is going to be big, as in over 100 KiB.

How you fixed for a 4.3.0 release ?

No. Remember that I tried to build the 4.2.0 binaries and had some missing files that I couldn't explain. You ended up building the binaries for me and didn't have any troubles.

I can do the build and produce the binaries if someone can package
it up for the setup.exe application.

I was going to ask you to, but, well, I didn't want to ask you to :) I could certainly adapt the packaging script if you built the 4.3.0 binaries. Beware... I haven't tried to build the 4.3.0 branch on Cygwin, nor have I tried to cross compile it. I have no idea if it still works :(