Re: Icons [in Server Test 87]

Howdy Colin,
At 01:30 AM 5/31/2003 +0100, you wrote:
I just love ATI, great hardware... pity about the software!

They had and still have the best TV out support. I wish my GF or Voodoos had 1/2 the configurability.

Here's my 'results' (attached) using Harold's Test87 binary at 32bpp
1280x1024 on my antique ATI Rage Pro!
xload & xclock looks dodgy, yes it's all a black and white problem!

Thx, it looks like the mask is not working at all when you have a 32bpp icon map and a 1bpp icon mask. White's a 255,255,255 tuple so when you OR it with anything you get 255, so it'll show up white no matter what...

I just realized my laptop doesn't have cygwin installed, so it may be
a bit before I can do local testing.  One thing I'd like you to add
is a check after the ii.mask = CreateBitmap() call, that the returned
value isn't NULL.  Also, can you dump the image planes, I'm assuming
that planes==1 everywhere because I never heard of it being otherwise
except in 16-color (4bpp!) mode...

winmultiwindow.c line2198 or so...

  /* Create Win32 mask from pixmap shape */
  ii.hbmMask = CreateBitmap (iconSize, iconSize, planes, 1, mask);
+ ErrorF("Planes: %d\n", planes);
+ if (iihbmMask==NULL)
+       {
+         LPVOID lpMsgBuf;
+
+        /* Display a fancy error message */
+         FormatMessage (FORMAT_MESSAGE_ALLOCATE_BUFFER |
+                        FORMAT_MESSAGE_FROM_SYSTEM |
+                        FORMAT_MESSAGE_IGNORE_INSERTS,
+                        NULL,
+                        GetLastError (),
+                        MAKELANGID(LANG_NEUTRAL, SUBLANG_DEFAULT),
+                        (LPTSTR) &lpMsgBuf,
+                        0, NULL);
+
+         ErrorF ("Mask creation failed, error %s\n",
+                 (LPSTR)lpMsgBuf);
+         LocalFree (lpMsgBuf);
+       }

All the rest are fantastic!!!

That's REALLY a kicker, the same kind of mask creation is done without regard to the source image depth!

-Earle F. Philhower, III earle@ziplabel.com cdrlabel - ZipLabel - FlpLabel http://www.cdrlabel.com