RE: Custom icons + MouseUp fix

Howdy Colin, glad to hear it's working 100%.  The original problem
was the endianness of Windoze 1-bit bitmap when using a non-32-bit
wide destination.  I think the code was writing into the unused
portion of the 32-bits and you got garbage in the real mask part.

I found some kde apps on a linux box and did some peeking, it seems
that not many register a small 16x16 icon, and that konqueror, for
example, only gives a 16x16 icon in its _NET_WM_ICON property anyway.
Very strange, maybe that _NET_ICON thing isn't commonplace?  Things
like KPAINT, KCALC, and KILLUSTRATOR (great name, the kill-ustrator)
have big icons by default in WM_HINTS.

------------

Today I also got to test a fix for the missed ButtonRelease problem
(dragging an Xterm scrollbar outside of its window and releasing
the button does not tell Xterm it was released, leading to "interesting"
problems).  One thing I had to do that I don't like is to use a local
copy of what the winmultiwindowwindow.c thinks is the button state.
(i.e. LBUTTON=down, MBUTTON=up, RBUTTON=up)  It did seem to work the
entire day of hard use w/o any problems, but I have the suspicion that
it might sometimes get out-of-sync w/the X server and send two
ButtonReleases.  That'd be better than the present situation but could
still cause problems with pasting twice...

Is there a simple mi* or dix* call to get this info directly instead
of keeping a cached copy?  I did a grep but didn't find anything
promising.  You can't call XQueryPointer() since that's only legal for
a client to do.  I suppose I could post something to the WM thread
but that's a real ugly kludge.

-Earle F. Philhower, III earle@ziplabel.com cdrlabel - ZipLabel - FlpLabel http://www.cdrlabel.com