Re: (no)deadkeys keyboard default setting

Hi Alexander,

Alexander Gottwald <alexander.gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de> writes:
> I'm not sure how this change would affect other options and would
> like to leave it untouched.

I understand that.  Just a data point and some thoughts that I had
during our conversation:

I have tested the patch I suggested with the XkbVariant and it worked
fine.

For the options that can not be null, it just adds the empty string as
another possibility for the set of invalid strings (you can always
enter "foobar" everywhere and that is just as invalid as the empty
string).

It is not a thorough solution, just a simple hack that is less buggy
than the current code.  In theory it would be better to have two
alternative functions like we have two alternative OPTV_* values, and
than use the right function for each individual option.  But than the
effort is probably not worth the effect.

I'll shut up now ;-).

Thanks for listening,
benny