Re: Broken fvwm install?

Stephen,

Stephen Biggs wrote:

No, no... please understand... I am not complaining about anything... I know what free software is all about. I was just looking for a reasonable window manager instead of twm.... if fvwm isn't it, then so be it... I don't have the time or patience to debug this package, especially not for free at the moment...

No problem.

Do I have to download anything more from the Cygwin setup to use the Multiwindow mode, or just add the -multiwindow parameter to XWin.exe?

Also, what do I do about the line invoking the window manager in the script file, be it twm or fvwm?

I suggest that you make a backup of your startxwin.bat, then download the newest XFree86-startup-scripts package using Cygwin's setup.exe. That new file has some additional documentation that you may find helpful and it uses -multiwindow by default now. Yes, you have to comment out any existing window manager so that you don't run two of them at once.