Re: Redraw problems

On Fri, 23 May 2003 leon.gierat@orange.co.uk wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using the XFree86 for cygwin, and get problems with the redraw. It seems the
> screen does not always redraw when required, and sometimes redraws off to the
> right by about a 3rd of the screen.
>
> Forcing a redraw within a window (e.g. ^L in bash) fixes the contents of that
> window, forcing a redraw overall (e.g. by minimizing and maximizing the X root
> window) fixes everything.
>
> I have used various release servers, and also the Test Server series, and all
> exhibit this problem.
>
> I've got a screenshot I can mail to anyone who is interested.
>
> Has anyone else seen this, and is there a cure?

Leon,

FWIW, I have seen a similar problem with Exceed, of all things, so this
leads me to think that there might be some X messages getting lost in
transit from some hosts, and that it has little to do with the X server
itself.  I may be wrong, of course, and these could simply be similar bugs
in the two X servers...
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/