Re: REQ: No mouse repositioning @ end of XWin -multiwindow initialization [Alan H, ideas?]

Howdy Harold and Early...
At 11:54 PM 5/22/2003 -0400, you wrote:
Do you know where this code is located? I looked in dix and os but was unable to find anything that looked related. Is it a simple initialization of a default cursor structure that causes all cursors to show up in the center of the screen?
Perhaps it doesn't matter where this happens in X. We could always just grab the current Windows cursor position and move the X absolute cursor position to match before our window is displayed. It would be a little kludgy, but it might work.

Maybe the WM should just move any cursor positioning requests away when in multiwindow mode? You can still warp the X pointer w/o touching the Windows one, just condition out the SetCursorPos() call in wincursor.c. You can still call the miPointerWarpCursor. This "ambivalence" is done already if Xwin isn't the foreground app...

-Earle F. Philhower, III earle@ziplabel.com cdrlabel - ZipLabel - FlpLabel http://www.cdrlabel.com