Re: Multiwindows problem

Harold,

By typing 'exit' on the promt, or typing <ctrl>-D. It seems to be propagated to the parent process. The terminal is running into a 'rxvt' window.

Harold L Hunt II wrote:
Jordi,

How are you exiting the console? With Alt+F4 or by clicking the close button on the window?

Harold

Jordi Vila wrote:

Hello everybody.

I'm using the last revision of the xfree86 server with cygwin, using the multiwindow mode. It works very well, but from time to time I have problems. When I exit one xterm (or rxvt terminal) it seems that the exit command is propagated to the console and the other windows opened. All of the close and the console also closes. There is another post talking about the same issue, but there is no answer to the problem.

Currently I'm using the following command line to start the X server

run XWin -multiwindow

and to start the console

run rxvt -ls -sl 1000 -sb -fg yellow -bg black -title console \
-e /usr/bin/bash

The XFree version is
XFree86-xserv    4.2.0-37

And the operating system.