Re: XWin won't work

[José - Please do not email me personally. Keep the emails going to cygiwn-xfree@cygwin.com]

If you are really adding the line as you say, it should not be causing a
problem when accessing the host via the numeric address.

I think you must be doing something else that are not noticing or
thinking is significant.  Any ideas on something else you might be doing
that could have an effect?

Does XWin -query hostname work?

By the way "hostname" is probably not a valid hostname... I hope that
isn't what you are using in hosts.

Harold

jreis23@clix.pt wrote:

Yes, that was waht i ment. Sorry for the misunderstanding

Please clarify: By abc.def.ghi.jkl did you really mean n.n.n.n where 0 <= n < 255 ?

Harold

jreis23@clix.pt wrote:

Hi.

Does anyone knows why 'XWin -query abc.def.ghi.jkl' command stop

working

when we add a line like

'abc.def.ghi.jkl hostname'

to the file 'C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\etc\hosts' in win2K?

TIA,
José.