Re: Running Xwin in passive mode

Rex,

-ac is a generic X Server command-line parameter. There is a man page generic to all X Servers that documents this.

-multiwindow and -clipboard are documented in the man page; however, our current package setup does not release the new man page with each new server release, so the man pages are way out of date. You can find information about these options by looking in the Change Log:

http://xfree86.cygwin.com/devel/shadow/changelog.html

xwinclip just copies contents selected into the X clipboard to the Windows clipboard and vice versa. In Windows you use the usual shortcuts for this. Copying to the clipboard in X is somewhat application-specific. In xterm you need only highlight the text to copy it to the X clipboard (which copies it to the Windows clipboard when -clipboard or xwinclip are used).

Hope that helps,

Harold

KIDWELL, REX (SBCSI) wrote:

Thanks for the help your suggestions did the job.

This raised two unrelated questions.

Where can I find a current list of command line options for Xwin?  I've seen
and used -ac, -multiwindow, and -clipboard but they aren't documented in the
online reference or the supplied man page.

I also could not find any help on how to use xwinclip.  I was looking for
help on what the keyboard and mouse sequences are to cut and paste between a
X-term and Notepad.  Control-C and Control-V don't mean the same think
within a x-term/dtterm.  The documentation I found only talks about how to
start xwinclip.

Rex