Re: XWin design suggestion

Harold L Hunt II <huntharo@msu.edu> wrote in
<3EB5B5D2.4060909@msu.edu>
in gmane.os.cygwin.xfree on Sun, 04 May 2003 20:52:34 -0400:

> Yes, I have already thought of that one... and actually started some
> work on it awhile ago.  In fact, my near-term plans for XWin.exe are to
> add a couple registry settings to remember the position of the Exit
> confirmation dialog box.  If that goes well, it will only be a matter of
> time until more settings are registry enabled.

At first reading I was of the opinion that stuff like this should be
in POSIX-ish configuration files of one sort or another - a
".something" file or directory under each user's $HOME with default
values under /etc - not in the registry under
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/<Organization>/<Application>" and
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/ditto."

On the other hand, I imagine that many people use XWin.exe as a sort
of container application, with everything Cygwin/remote-X-client
"inside" the X session/window(s) and everything Windows-y outside, so
things like the confirmation dialog box are in some sense "outside"
the POSIX realm.

Oh heck. Indecision. Must be the hour of the day and the red wine. ;-D

--
Sam Edge