Re: Wish list, Poll & Form

Biju,

That might help for a related problem. But I am looking for users to do a little more of the design work before I start coding a requested feature. That wouldn't really be helped by a poll, as it requires one individual to do some careful thinking, not a community concensus.

Thanks for the idea though,

Harold

Biju G C wrote:
--- Harold L Hunt II <huntharo@msu.edu> wrote:

There is nothing I hate more than spending an hour making a release only to have someone say, "oh yeah, but wouldn't it be more natural for it to do foo and bar instead of the way you coded it?". Sure, it might be more natural,
but I want people to start asking me that before I make the release, not after I make the release. :) Randall, you can be my first test case of me demanding more information before coding :)

Harold

If v hav a forum, where users can add/submit feature request (A Wish list) and other can vote on it. That will be a good guidence to developers.

I dont think it will be difficult. As phpBB and all have it.

NB: Not the way "Cygwin survey: Next vim version with perl support?"
was done it will flood the archives, and seaching old mails difficult. In this case my opinion would be an offlist reply to Corinna Vinschen is better.

cheers
biju

Example at MozillaZine, to create poll
http://www.mozillazine.org/forums/posting.php?mode=newtopic&f=22