Re: "no buffer space available" on Win2K

Karl,

Karl Waclawek wrote:
Harold,

as promised I tried again with eval 'ssh-agent' commented out.
It seemed to go well for about 5 minutes of heavy windowing
interaction with two copies of Kylix, and I was ready to call
it a success, when suddenly the X screen disappeared, then re-appeared
with the grey surface (as it did before).

Okay, that is at least a start.

One slight difference: Only some apps would now give me the
"no buffer space available" error. startxwin.sh, for instance,
would simply report: "cannot connect to 127.0.0.1".
Again, the only remedy was to re-boot the OS.

When you say that you run startxwin.sh, does that mean that the previous instance of XWin.exe has exited? Have you checked for XWin.exe in Task Manager? You would need to be sure that all previous instances of XWin.exe have actually ended before you run startxwin.sh again. Please tell me that you have never run startwin.sh multiple times in an attempt to get multiple desktops; I doubt you have, but just please tell me.

Thanks for debugging,