Re: PATCH: -multiwindow with root window hidden...

Ruth,

No, cvs diff would have been useless.

The XFree86 CVS tree limits commits to only a few "core" members, which I am not one of which. This means that I cannot just "cvs commit" my changes, I have to periodically create a set of patches (which I use "cvs diff" for) and a change log and send them to "patches at xfree86.org". These patches are eventually committed.

The problem here is that I haven't done that in awhile, so someone sending me a "cvs diff" wouldn't do me a whole lot of good, since the code in cvs is quite old at the moment. What they would have to do instead is pick a recent Test release, stick it in hw/xwin-TestXX then:

cd xc/programs/Xserver/hw
diff -U3 -N xwin-TestXX xwin > xwin-TestXX-PlusMyChanges.diff

That works quite nicely.

Harold