Re: question about timeout in cygwin/xfree86

Isik,

It sounds to me like this is something that needs to be configured in Sun Solaris. It is not a problem/configuration option in Cygwin/XFree86 that is causing your trouble. I suggest looking on some Solaris forums or asking your system admin for help.

For comparison, I can leave my XDMCP session to my Debian box open all day long with no timeout. Thus, this is definitely something caused by the remote operating system.

Harold

ISIK ENDIR wrote:
Hello;

I am using the cygwin/xfree86 for remote access to a sun solaris system. On
every 30 minutes my session expires,
and i have to log on again. And my unsaved documents are loast when this
happens:(  How can i change the expiry time
for the session? Can you help me to solve this issue?

Best Regards.

isik.