Re: "no buffer space available" on Win2K

Vince,

Is your machine under heavy load or under heavy network load? I am wondering if some buffer on your network card is actually being overfilled, rather than Windows reporting that a socket-layer buffer is being overfilled.

Harold

Vince Hoffman wrote:
Harold,
Its a Compaq NS3161 fast ethernet.
The closest I can find to something that could have modified the tcp stack
is IIS URLscan but I'm not sure that would have changed anything but IIS.
I'm working on finding something that will easily replicate the
problem but its not easy. I have an strace of an ncftp that was running at
the time it happened but it just shows 1192 1291766386 [main] ncftp 1044 start_thread_socket: listen failed, Win32
error 10055 (which is the out of buffer error)
Its been a while since i had it happen with X (i dont use it as much as I
did) but i'll keep trying and let people know if I find anything.

Vince