Where the heck are the header files???

I'm trying to compile an KDE3.1 app. Configure complains that it can't find X.
When I browse the dirs I find no ".h" files for X anywhere. I thought they
were in XFree-libs, but the bzipped tarball does not have them either.
Neither is there any XFree-devel package available, at least not available in
the Cygwin setup.

This is probably a FAQ, but please point me to the direction of where I can
get hold of the headers.

Cheers,

--
Anton