Re: X -query <hostname> does not work

> I remember that the statrup scripts try to determine if the session is
local.
> This sometimes fails and they want to add local paths to the fontpath
which are
> not available on the windows host.

I remember that I used cygwin (version from the middle of December 2002) to
connect to this machine - X environment was transferred smoothly. The only
requirement was that I had to add "-fp" parameter - and it worked. I also
remember that locally my xserver could not display the exact fonts used on
Solaris, but it used other. From the last few months this machine was not
changed anyhow - now cygwin cannot connect to it using xdmcp. Maybe startup
scipts were changed from this time?

> Solution 1: copy the fonts to the windows box and to the same location as
on
> solaris.
I will try this, but actually don't know when.

> Solution 2: add the fontpath to the fontserver config file
As above.

> But unfortunatly I don't know which paths you need to add.
I will try to find it out.
Thanks!
Greetings

--