RE: xterm shows no color for color fonts

Hi.

The original xterm did not support colour. Some operating systems still ship with this version. e.g. Solaris 2.6 has the non-colour version.

The version of xterm that comes with recent versions of xf-86 should.

Try "xterm -version".

On xf-86/cygwin (where colour works) I get "XFree86 4.2.0(165)".

On Solaris 2.6 (no coloru) I get "xterm:  bad command line option "-version"".

   - Ben Kelley.