Re: Server Test 79

Harold and Kensuke,
This test release works great, Thank you for a wonderful work.
I have a somewhat unrelated question about the -multiwindow mode. For
security reasons I like to invoke XWin with the switch
"-nolisten tcp" and I set DISPLAY to :0.0 instead of localhost:0.0.  When I
do this in multiwindow mode everything works OK,
except that I can not close applications by clicking on the x button on the
upper right corner. I can still close them if they have a menu
with an exit command in it or by using kill from xterm. Also text appears in
rxvt only if the curser is somewhere inside even if it selected.
Why is that so? Is tcp needed for full functionality of multiwindows mode?

"Harold L Hunt II" <huntharo at msu dot edu> wrote in message
news:NHEELHJHHFKPMAEAFMFCIEAADHAA dot huntharo at msu dot edu dot  dot  dot
> Links:
>
> I just posted Test 79 to the server development page:
> http://xfree86.cygwin.com/devel/shadow/
>
> You can install the Test 79 package via setup.exe by selecting the
> following version of the XFree86-xserv package: 4.2.0-27
>
> Server Test Series binary and source code releases are now
> available via the sources.redhat.com ftp mirror network
> (http://cygwin.com/mirrors.html) in the
> pub/cygwin/xfree/devel/shadow/ directory.  You may wish to note the
> desired filename in the links below, then download from your
> closest mirror (http://cygwin.com/mirrors.html).
>
> Server binary, direct link:
> http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/xwin/shadow/XWin-Test79.exe.bz2 (1203 KiB)
>
> Server source, direct link:
> http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/xwin/shadow/xwin-20030312-0937.tar.bz2 (108
> KiB)
>
> xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xwin (all files) diff against Test78 source code:
> http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/xwin/shadow/xwin-Test78-to-Test79.diff (13
KiB)