Antwort: Re: WMaker crashes when starting with startxwin.bat

Hi Klaus

> yes, you're probably right. But now the tricky question:
> How can I change the windows home to point to my $HOME in cygwin to
solve
> that problem?

take my startxwin.bat as an example. Cygwin is installed on d:\cygwin. The
only customized lines are "SET HOME", "SET CYGWIN_ROOT", the rest is
standard startxwin.bat with different WM-calls REMmed on and off.

HTH
hjb

@echo off
D:
SET DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0
SET HOME=/CYGDRIVE/D/cygwin/home/DV105

REM
REM The path in the CYGWIN_ROOT environment variable assignment assume
REM that Cygwin is installed in a directory called 'cygwin' in the root
REM directory of the current drive.  You will only need to modify
REM CYGWIN_ROOT if you have installed Cygwin in another directory.  For
REM example, if you installed Cygwin in \foo\bar\baz\cygwin, you will need

REM to change \cygwin to \foo\bar\baz\cygwin.
REM
REM This batch file will almost always be run from the same drive (and
REM directory) as the drive that contains Cygwin/XFree86, therefore you
will
REM not need to add a drive letter to CYGWIN_ROOT.  For example, you do
REM not need to change \cygwin to c:\cygwin if you are running this
REM batch file from the C drive.
REM

SET CYGWIN_ROOT=D:\cygwin

SET PATH=.;%CYGWIN_ROOT%\bin;%CYGWIN_ROOT%\usr\X11R6\bin;%PATH%

REM
REM Cleanup after last run.
REM

if not exist %CYGWIN_ROOT%\tmp\.X11-unix\X0 goto CLEANUP-FINISH
attrib -s %CYGWIN_ROOT%\tmp\.X11-unix\X0
del %CYGWIN_ROOT%\tmp\.X11-unix\X0

:CLEANUP-FINISH
if exist %CYGWIN_ROOT%\tmp\.X11-unix rmdir %CYGWIN_ROOT%\tmp\.X11-unix

REM
REM Startup the X Server, the twm window manager, and an xterm.
REM
skipped

if "%OS%" == "Windows_NT" goto OS_NT

REM Windows 95/98/Me
echo startxwin.bat - Starting on Windows 95/98/Me

goto STARTUP

:OS_NT

REM Windows NT/2000/XP
echo startxwin.bat - Starting on Windows NT/2000/XP

:STARTUP

REM
REM Startup the programs
REM

REM Startup the X Server.

REM start XWin %1
REM start XWin -fullscreen
start XWin  -rootless
REM start XWin -broadcast

REM Startup an xterm, using bash as the shell.
REM run xterm -sl 1000 -sb -rightbar -ms red -fg yellow -bg black -e
/usr/bin/bash

REM setxkbmap de
REM Startup the twm window manager.

REM run twm