WMaker crashes when starting with startxwin.bat

Hi all,

I just installed Cygwin using the Internet installation including XFree86
and wmaker.
I can start X without any problem and I can start wmaker from the bash
prompt.

The only problem I have is with startxwin.bat. I changed the window manager
in this file from twm to wmaker, but whenever I try, I get the following
error:
Window Maker received signal 11.
I see that X is up and it even changed the background color according to the
settings in startxwin.bat.

In the archive for this mailing list I found the suggestion to change the
HOME path settings, but either I did something wrong there, or the problem is
something else.

I can start wmaker using startxwin.sh and startx - no problem with this.
Just startxwin.bat is the problem and just with wmaker.

I'm really sorry if this is the wrong mailing list, or this is a real bug I
should have reported somewhere else. I just think this is probably not a bug,
because wmaker is running fine when started from the bash.

Thanks very much for any help.

Cheers,
Klaus